Author Topic: 1988 Hurricane petrol tank breathers?  (Read 659 times)

Offline Nou
    • View Profile
1988 Hurricane petrol tank breathers?
« on: October 25, 2020, 08:55:40 AM »
I had to remove the tank recently. On refitting I have connected the long breather pipe, which vents to fresh air. However there is another one which is about 30cm long. One end connects to the underside of the tank, it's then straight with a 90 degree bend at the end, the other end of the pipe not connected to the tank. The problem is that I can't see where it connects onto, I have scoured the area that the pipe would reach but nothing. It definitely connects onto something because there is a clip to secure the pipe. Can anyone help please? Despite the pipe not being connected at the moment the bike runs perfectly although fuel consumption is high, however this could be an unrelated issue. Thanks in anticipation.

Offline robvangulik

• Global Moderator+Donator
  • Ultimate Member
  • If you brake late, you're riding fast longer
    • View Profile
Re: 1988 Hurricane petrol tank breathers?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 15:59:01 PM »
That's probably the tank breather, the other end should match up to a drain hose, see picture

Offline xpd153

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 12:32:52 PM »
Pls post your photo. That can be helpful for us to help you.

Offline dan sut

• a true ninja knows to hide from a touracane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2020, 18:18:53 PM »
Think I have this pipe your talking about,
There is one pipe connected to the tank when it is closed and has a cup on the top of it,
 but then there is another maybe 5mm pipe with a clip on the top end  and connect to a breather joint at the bottom near the Water overflow bottle.  I've added a pic, not the best
Il try get a pic tomorrow.

Offline robvangulik

• Global Moderator+Donator
  • Ultimate Member
  • If you brake late, you're riding fast longer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2020, 22:15:20 PM »
That funnel is to pick up surplus fuel if you overfill the tank (drain in the drawing), the breather hose slides to a nipple on the bottom of the tank and then connects to the same drain hose further down.