Author Topic: scanned copies of service manual and partslist  (Read 3851 times)

Offline xpd153

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
scanned copies of service manual and partslist
« on: November 17, 2016, 02:07:32 AM »
I think this site had scanned copies of service manual and parts list. However, they silently disappeared now. There is no SM and PL on this site now.
At least, I can not see those by Google Chrome.

Did the site admin receive copyright infringement claim from Honda Motor Corp ???

Offline robvangulik

• Global Moderator+Donator
  • Ultimate Member
  • If you brake late, you're riding fast longer
    • View Profile
Re: scanned copies of service manual and partslist
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 23:15:14 PM »
We still have, i tried just now.
You can click them on the top of the page, if that doesn' t work go to the homepage www.hurricane.isalive.nl and click on ' technical'.
We're still looking for an english version.

Offline xpd153

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 01:12:10 AM »
It looks like Google Chrome ver 47 problem. With iPad, I can see it.

As you know, there is no English version. Because CBR750 is JDM(Japan Domestic Model). All exported CBR750s were gray import by private importer.
So Honda did not make English version.

Also I can not see donation suggestion icon in forum screen. Even I have not done any donation. Maybe it is caused by recent change for ranking system ???
Because basically all regular posters became Hero or Ultimate members!

When I saw the forum without login by iPad, I can see SM, PL and donation icon. But my iPad did not know my password.

Offline robvangulik

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 09:45:35 AM »
I use Google chrome on my tablet and it all works well.
Could it be a local issue?
And yes, i know the manual is not available from Honda in english, but as you are the only Japanese on the forum at the moment i was subtly trying to nudge you to translate it.
Well, not serious, it would be an enormous task. I know because just last week i scanned a workshop manual for a cb125s for a friend and that in itself was a lot of work, just the scanning.
I'll try to let our administrator have a look if there is something wrong..
Do you need anything special from the manual or parts list?

Offline xpd153

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 13:48:14 PM »
I don't know why my Google Chrome ver 47 on Linux does not show it.

Regarding SM and PL, probably I am best equipped on this forum. Currently the copy of SM on this site is valid for FH only. There are 2 versions of SM.
Newer SM has some additional description for FJ.
 The copy of PL on this site is 4th version, final one. So it covers for FH and FJ.

Offline CRuSHeR

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Member
  • Riding again :)
    • View Profile
    • Honda CBR 750 Forum
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2016, 20:39:58 PM »
Hi guys,

link1 : http://hurricane.isalive.nl/forum/default.php is a default page which shows the links to both manuals and the donate button
link2 : http://hurricane.isalive.nl/forum/index.php is a default page which doesn't show links or donate button.

That was made up long time ago, should peops wanna bookmark the link with less clutter.

the forum link from hurricane.isalive.nl is redirected to the 'correct' link1
for regular members link1 might be handier.

the "hero member" and other member-statuses were upgraded for everyone all at once recently at request, but that has nothing to do with above 'problem'

Hope this clears things up.
Gear up and start riding now, biking is fun and a horse aint no cow.

Offline robvangulik

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2016, 22:17:27 PM »
So using the right link  could be the solution for xpd153 (i'd still like to know a name, it doesn't feel right to call someone a number ;-)  )

Offline xpd153

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2016, 02:21:21 AM »
Thank guys for kind explanation. I understand the situation. I am sticking with index.php.

By the way, recent change of this forum's ranking system is too inflated, i think.
With current posting rate, I will be ultimate member in very very near future! and there is no upper member status than ultimate.
Maybe I shoud do donation when I am a ultimate member winkywinky

Offline robvangulik

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2016, 08:56:36 AM »

Maybe I shoud do donation when I am a ultimate member winkywinky
Please do not feel like you have to do that, you are at the moment the most (and only) active member on the forum, and I am very happy with that. There are several members who look here in irregular intervals, but most have abandoned their Hurricane and ride other models/brands. I saw on Facebook some activity lately in the Hurricane group, maybe fun to enter there too for you?
But it is good to see this site has many visitors, and still provides information for people all over the world, manuals are regularly downloaded, so there still are Hurricanes out there!

Offline Mark c
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2017, 09:55:01 AM »
Hi Guys,

I just want to say thanks for making these available, I have had heaps of trouble even finding part numbers, let alone finding a reliable supplier of parts, and the information on this forum is GOLD.....

Finally may be able to locate the exact parts i need to replace some broken bits after high siding a couple of years ago.

Bones healed, but unfortunately the bike didn't.....Cant wait to get back on the road.

all the best

Offline robvangulik

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2017, 11:32:54 AM »
Thanks for the compliments, we try our best!
What parts are you looking for ? ( and where are you situated?)
Luckily some of the most necessary parts are still available from well known suppliers...

Offline BERTYE

• Other bikes. VFR800 VTEC, VTR1000 Firestorm
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2019, 19:41:12 PM »
Well I still have my Hurricane. True, been and have other bikes. A 1999 VTR1000 with 15,000 miles on the clock, and a 2002 VFR800 Vtec with 12,500 mile which is the one one the road at the moment. Just fitted new fork seals the the 750 Hurricane today. I had the forks machined out about 16 years ago the take the bigger 3 lip seal that were fitted to a later VFR. Of course I forget what year they were from, so had problems getting correct seals. But all done now, so the bike is going to have a major clean as it go's back together.  Even though it has not been on the read for over 2 years it still stars no problem and run smooth as silk. My mate has one to and has got classics insurance on it, which was  £60 +, so I am hoping to get the same so it will be permanently on the road again.  :pompom: Just a thought, was it not also sold in South Afiric beside Japan? That has always been my understanding.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 20:04:22 PM by BERTYE »
For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.

– Bruce Lee

Offline robvangulik

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2019, 22:17:34 PM »
Well now, thats been a long time no see! Some 4 years I think? Welcome back!
My compliments for keeping hold of it, and yes, these bikes are insurable as classics nowadays over here too, which makes life a bit cheaper again.

Offline BERTYE

• Other bikes. VFR800 VTEC, VTR1000 Firestorm
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2019, 09:18:28 AM »
Hi, thanks. I am on to many forums to keep track. Can I ask you a question please.  I have been thinking through the night that I might of mist or lost a part of one of the fork legs, so should there be a spring at the bottom of the leg with the floating valve? I can't find a picture, though I am sure I have seen one on here before. I would ask my friend that has a Hurricane, but 2 1/2 weeks ago he fell of a shed roof and was in a coma for a day and has coup contrecoup injuries. I have not put the oil in them yet.  Any help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 10:14:23 AM by BERTYE »
For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.

– Bruce Lee

Offline robvangulik

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2019, 10:42:01 AM »
I know the problem, but this is a forum you don't want to forget winky5a
Here is a parts drawing of the forks, you mean #8 probably?

Best wishes to your friend, and when he is getting better direct him here, good way to keep him busy