Author (Read 496 times)

The liddle project.
« on: February 06, 2017, 02:55:06 AM »

RuaphuNZ

• Donator
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Powerco
We bought our son a project bike for Xmas,. It was a forgotten about sorry looking 2003 Yamaha XT225. After a month of toil the wee beastie is all done and running like a top ready for the usual legal testing for road worthiness. For a young fella he's done a great job, very proud of his work. Next step is to sit his licence, then daddy son time on the road 👍.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Laid back, cruising along listening to my wonderful 2.0L Vulcan Vee twin 'thump-thump' all day long, devouring the miles, enjoying life to the fullest, feet first.

Re: The liddle project.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 15:31:15 PM »

robvangulik

• Global Moderator+Donator
  • Ultimate Member
  • If you brake late, you're riding fast longer
    • View Profile
Looks good (read: looks like an XT should [sdsdsdtq] )
Never even heard of a 225 over here, I suppose a 250 would have too much power? :uptosomething:
Reminds me of old times, had some dirtbikes for fun too.

The liddle project.
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 00:09:20 AM »

RuaphuNZ

• Donator
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Powerco
Jeepers, both of those bikes are well sort after now Rob, love the ole two smoke beasties, had a few in my time too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Laid back, cruising along listening to my wonderful 2.0L Vulcan Vee twin 'thump-thump' all day long, devouring the miles, enjoying life to the fullest, feet first.

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 12:28:59 PM »

robvangulik

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
Yes, well, I 've often felt I should have been rich, then I could have kept all those bikes I had in the past and be even richer, but alas......they're gone, and most of them don't exist anymore.

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 14:06:46 PM »

CRuSHeR

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Honda CBR 750 Forum
Hey Ruaphunz, how's your son doing on the XT now? You guys had some good trips together?  [sdsdsdtq]

Here's how my XT600 looked after I fixed her up and while I'm at it, I duno if you guys allready saw a picture of my XJR 1300  :uptosomething:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 14:10:58 PM by CRuSHeR »
Gear up and start riding now, biking is fun and a horse aint no cow.

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2018, 02:24:47 AM »

RuaphuNZ

• Donator
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Powerco
Gidday guys, long time no see. I changed my phone and lost the app I was using, for the life of me I can't remember which one held the access to the forum??????????.

Finally got my work laptop back so can get to access things a little more now (kids have claimed the house PC as their sole property, dad misses out, hehehe)

The bike is all done, on the road and clocking up the K's. Son is enjoying the freedom, he still doesn't quite get the 'going for a ride' bit. He has the view you ride to 'go' to a destination. Either way he is still learning and clocking up the Km's which is a good result. We have been out and about often and slowly increasing his endurance. He's keen to get a cruiser as loves the seating layout, sound and looks.

Amazing wee machine really, it takes some punishment and never really misses a beat.

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2018, 01:50:57 AM »

robvangulik

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
Good to read you're amusing yourself and the family on two wheels, I'm sitting indoors putting a new cover on my buddyseat, as it was worn through, a nice job while its freezing outside.
Thanks to facebook i got a sign of life from downunder once in a while, thats at least one good thing about it, I never really use it otherwise winky5a

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 14:31:47 PM »

Golem

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Alexander's Web page
I have been going out for rides even by car... as long as I had my license... your son has stuff to learn :D
Veho ergo sum