Author (Read 1439 times)

Mid winter blues
« on: July 21, 2015, 11:41:22 AM »

RuaphuNZ

• Donator
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Powerco
Golly I've had enough of rain, flooding and flamin wind. The most I've managed on the bike in the last six weeks is a paltry 650km. Thought I would get keen and give the big sled a decent wash the other day, two hours later all done and frozen through! But it was worth it.

Been reduced to watching bike stuff on the net and cruising the many bike websites, man there is some awesome machines and people out there.

If the bad weather keeps up I'm gonna be forced to sit on the bike in the garage and make motor noises while watching a riding vids on the iphone, hahaha.

Shortest day of the year has past, were on the up towards better weather now, sweeeeet

Take care, Ando

Laid back, cruising along listening to my wonderful 2.0L Vulcan Vee twin 'thump-thump' all day long, devouring the miles, enjoying life to the fullest, feet first.

Re: Mid winter blues
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 08:40:51 AM »

Golem

• Global Moderator+Donator
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Alexander's Web page
It's mid-summer... people are melting on their bikes... t-shifts and flipflops... seriously you "Southern hemisphere guys" get it all wrong ;)
Veho ergo sum

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 19:08:29 PM »

robvangulik

• Ultimate Member
  • If you brake late, you're riding fast longer
    • View Profile
True, our envy starts around november, when your days lengthen and ours shorten winky5a
By coincidence, there's a tv program called ' worlds greatest motorcycle rides'  with Henry Cole as bikerhost, and this week there was a two episodes( of 1 hour a piece ) special on NZ, one of the north and one of the south island. He enjoyed himself, and so did I watching it. Suppose he did it at the start of summer......
I want his job anyway gribbin12

Mid winter blues
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 11:13:59 AM »

RuaphuNZ

• Donator
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Powerco

It's mid-summer... people are melting on their bikes... t-shifts and flipflops... seriously you "Southern hemisphere guys" get it all wrong ;)

Yeah we know, but hey we like to be different, haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Laid back, cruising along listening to my wonderful 2.0L Vulcan Vee twin 'thump-thump' all day long, devouring the miles, enjoying life to the fullest, feet first.

Mid winter blues
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 11:17:42 AM »

RuaphuNZ

• Donator
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Powerco
True, our envy starts around november, when your days lengthen and ours shorten winky5a
By coincidence, there's a tv program called ' worlds greatest motorcycle rides'  with Henry Cole as bikerhost, and this week there was a two episodes( of 1 hour a piece ) special on NZ, one of the north and one of the south island. He enjoyed himself, and so did I watching it. Suppose he did it at the start of summer......
I want his job anyway gribbin12

Yep that show is cracker, like his jaunts a lot. I liked the Europe one on that KTM bike............. RC8? Wicked sounding Vee twin.

Shame ole Henry didn't wander over to my side of the North Island, ya would've got to see some great roads and sights. Next Time hopefully.

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2015, 21:45:14 PM »

robvangulik

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
Yep RC8 it was, touring Germany. Most of the things he visited there I've forgotten already, did some extensive touring there just after 'the wall' fell in '89, and now I think of it even some years before, on my old trusty sohc 750 Honda....
Scandinavia he did on a 990 KTM off road bike.

Mid winter blues
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2015, 00:00:27 AM »

RuaphuNZ

• Donator
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Powerco
Still flamin raining!

Yee gods when will it end? Seriously brassed off now.

Got a bad case of PMS now!

PMS = parked motorcycle syndrome. :)

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2015, 18:46:30 PM »

robvangulik

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
Oh dear how sad never mind gribbin12
28 degrees and climbing here. Beautyful weather to go to the beach or just go for a ride :pompom:

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2015, 10:39:47 AM »

RuaphuNZ

• Donator
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Powerco
Oh dear how sad never mind gribbin12
28 degrees and climbing here. Beautyful weather to go to the beach or just go for a ride :pompom:

Crikey one can go right off some people real fast, hehe.   :blbl: have fun ya sod, hope ya get sand in ya togs  gribbin12

The sun will be out tomorrow, approx 2deg expected, I might be brave enough to ride to work, haha!

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2015, 21:45:22 PM »

CRuSHeR

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Honda CBR 750 Forum
This may cheer you up, loads and loads of rain here for last couple of days and days to come :/
Gear up and start riding now, biking is fun and a horse aint no cow.

Mid winter blues
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2015, 19:51:57 PM »

RuaphuNZ

• Donator
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Powerco
Nice.

Errrrrrrrrrrrrr hang on ......... Yeeeeep it's still flamin rainin here too.

I call foul ref!

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2015, 08:46:39 AM »

robvangulik

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
At least you know you're heading for summer.....